8.10.2008

Our Busy Month

So I know that it has been forever since our last post. I use to hate it when other people wouldn't update their blog, and now we have fallen into the trap. We don't have the Internet at our house, so we have to create a post at work, school, or my parents house. It just sometime doesn't fit into the schedule. We also had a pretty busy July. The first week of July, we went on vacation to Oceanside, CA with Emily's parents. They rented a beach house for an entire week. It was so relaxing and fun. I read a novel for the first time in a long time. It was Deception Point by Dan Brown. It was a pretty good book. Has anyone read it. Em and I also sat by the beach a lot and did some body boarding. I got sunburned the first day which was a miserable experience.
About a week and a half after the California trip, Emily had a big family reunion up at the Zermatt Resort in Midway. I met all her cousins, aunts, and uncles from Arizona. About a week and a half after the reunion, we went up to Bear Lake with my family where again I read another novel Digital Fortress. Em and I also sat by the beach and went waverunning. Emily also adventured out and tried knee boarding!! She gets nervous when it comes to water sports so it was a huge step for her. We also saw the movie Get Smart, which I thought was hilarious! It is definitely a movie to see. Anyway, here are a few pics of our trips.

3 comments:

The Quist Family said...

HELLO...WELCOME BACK!! Seriously, I thought you guys fell of the planet. Cute pictures!! Good Job Em trying out the knee boarding. See...it's not too bad :) Ya...so you guys and the reading business...that fun to watch you read for about 6 minutes!!!!! Seeing both of you veg on the couch and beach made me a little confused... are you in your 20's or 80's?!? J/K!! Love you guys

Mark and Kandice said...

Hey Emily this is Kandice from high school. Christy said she talked to you about maybe getting together for lunch on a Saturday in September, well the only Saturdays I have off are the 6th and the 20th so if that works for you then lets get together. I love your pictures you look so pretty as always. I'm glad you have had a great summer!

Marc said...

T minus 5 months. I can't wait.