What an amazing example President Hinckley was to us! We are forever grateful for his life that he gave to this gospel and church. He was a man of great love and someone we should all look to pattern our lives after. I am amazed at his perfect companionship he had with his wife and his incredible testimony. His testimony helped mine grow leaps and bounds and will continue to do so. Although it is sad that he has passed on, I am sure that he is enjoying a little rest with his wife:-)
It was Joel's (TJ's dad's) birthday yesterday. He turned the big 53. Trina decorated their house with signs and balloons and went to lunch with him, and made him a big breakfast. Carson called Grandpa Joel telling him Happy Birthday... so cute! Trina, Kiffin, Dax, Aspen, Joel, TJ, and I all went out to dinner at Brick Oven in Provo. SO GOOD! All seven of us were squished close in a small booth, but that is how Joel likes it :-) He received shirts, fishing gear, ties, air freshners :-) and push-up bars to work his pecs! Way to go Chief!
Posted by The Warners at 11:36 AM
Well, I decided to finally participate in life! I thought that since we entered so late into the blogging community I would summarize what we have been doing since we were married. We were married over spring break in the Salt Lake Temple on March 22, 2006. We honeymooned in Cabo San Lucas Mexico, where we had to hitch-hike to the resort! (SO FUNNY!)
And last, Tanner (my not so "little" brother) left on his mission to Paris, France. We are so excited for him but will miss him a lot! Love you Tanner! Well, thanks for reading our life history!
Posted by The Warners at 9:35 PM
Posted by The Warners at 6:10 PM
Happy 2008 everyone!! I hope that everyone's holidays were as good as ours...a lot of a family, a lot of treats, a lot of presents(well maybe not a lot of presents but a few), and a lot of happiness and love. Here is what happened:
- December 23-We dressed up like Shepard's and Wise Men at the Staples home, and we image what it would be like if we were "Back in Bethlehem" at the time of the savior birth.
- December 24-We spent most of the day with the Warner's, and Emily experienced her first Pyne Christmas Eve party. Which involved a lot of yelling, food, racial comments(courtesy of Trish), and singing! We also saw for the first time Grandpa Pyne play the trumpet, and Taylor sticking a whole pen in his nose!
- December 25-This was the first Christmas in our home and completely by ourselves. We started the day off by giving each other our presents. Then, we went to Kiffin's house for breakfast, and we opened up our presents from my mom and day. At 1:30, we headed up to Fruit Heights to spend the day with the Staples. We were also privilege to see Mark and Jana dress like punk rappers and freestyle an awesome rap about the family!
- December 26-Em and I worked.
- December27- Em and I worked
- December 28-I helped at a wrestling tournament and Em spent time with her family and our new niece, Claire.
- December 29-I helped at a wrestling tournament and Em spent the day at the house.
- December 30-We went to 2 homecomings, 1 baptism, and a lot of food.
- December 31-We worked and spent the new year laughing hysterically with friends, drank at least 5 gallons of Sparkling Cider, lit fireworks, and caught up with our old friends the Fitzgeralds.
- January 1-Spent the whole day at the Staples. I watched football, and Emily cleaned.
And that is a wrap!
Posted by The Warners at 12:16 PM