10.10.2008

Washing Machine Nightmare

This morning was an absolute mess! I decided that I would put in a batch of laundry just before I left for work this morning, so I did the usual. Gathered the clothes from our laundry basket in our bedroom, transported them downstairs to the washer, and put them in the washing machine. About an hour later, I realized that the cycle had finished, and I thought I probably should put the wet clothes into the dryer just before I had to go to work. I opened up the washing machine's lid, and I noticed that there were a lot of white clumps all over our dark wet clothes. Now, occasionally the laundry detergent will clump up and not dissolve into the wash. I thought this was the case, so I went to the kitchen, grabbed a pitcher, filled it with water, and poured it over our clothes in the washer to dissolve some of these clump. As I poured the water in, I noticed that none of the clumps were dissolving. I reached my hand into the washer and picked up one of these clumps. Sure enough, it wasn't laundry detergent, it was PAPER!! Yes, my friends, we had a washing machine full of dark clothes and tiny pieces of wet paper everywhere! It was caked on the side of the washer and our clothes. I started to pull out the clothes and the paper was on the inside and outside. It was a mess to say the least.

I'm sure that all of us have accidentally forgot to take a piece of paper from our pocket, and washed it. It gets every where inside of the pocket, right? Well, times that by 1000 and that is what the inside of our washing machine looked like. If I had to guess, I bet there were 10 sheets of paper bundled up in our laundry when I put them in the washer. Where did they come from, I have no idea. Emily was on the couch doing some homework, and I told her to come look at this mess. Both of us couldn't believe it, and Em started to laugh about the situation. We put all the wet clothes in a laundry basket, took them up to the bathroom, and dumped them in the bath tub. We had to rinse every piece of clothing individually inside and out. It probably took us about 45 mins. to get 95% of the paper off our clothes. After we were done rinsing our clothes, we put them in the dryer. I had to leave for work (which I was late to), and Em had to leave for school. So we don't really know what our clothes are going to look like after they are done drying but we are hopeful that it won't be bad. Anyway, that is what happened this morning.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

What until a diaper somehow gets into your laundry pile and gets washed too...fun.

KaRLie said...

It was so good to see you guys Friday night! I wish Scott would have been there so we could have hung out after!! We miss hanging out with you guys you guys are one of our greatest friends!!

Annie said...

TJ this is Steven sabey i just wanted to say hello and I love you. And I hope that we can continue forward with our relationship.

The Quist Family said...

Um, nightmare is now over!!! Try posting something new!