1.21.2008

Re-Cap

Well, I decided to finally participate in life! I thought that since we entered so late into the blogging community I would summarize what we have been doing since we were married. We were married over spring break in the Salt Lake Temple on March 22, 2006. We honeymooned in Cabo San Lucas Mexico, where we had to hitch-hike to the resort! (SO FUNNY!)

After finishing the semester, we moved to Apple Valley Minnestoa for the summer to sell for Pinnacle Security. We had a hard but wonderful summer. Riley Warner (TJ's brother) left on his mission for the Munic Austria, Germany mission in May. After returning from the summer, we moved into the Warner's basement apartment(which was pure luxury) while we put some more school under our belts. TJ and I were both going to school at UVSC (soon to be UVU). TJ was heavily involved in student government and I was also working for Pinnacle security. TJ graduated with his Bachelors of Arts in History, and I received my Associates Degree in English. TJ started his new job with Wells Fargo as a Personal Banker, and I continued to go to school through the summer and also worked for Pinnacle Security. We went a a couple of fun vacations one was to Bear Lake with the Warner family. We had so much fun camping, swimming, hanging out at the beach, and spending time together. We had quite the event in a large storm on the lake, lets just say it was one for the books!! Thanks Warner's for an amazing time, cannot wait till next year!! The other vacation we went on was with the Staples. We went back east to see the church history sites in Kirtland, Palmyra, also Niagra Falls in Canada, and New York City. We had a wonderful time.
In the middle of these vacations, we bought a townhome in American Fork, UT. WE LOVE IT! After we purchased it we spent a month fixing it up. Lets just say the people that lived there before us didn't clean for two years. So we... washed everything, put in new carpet, new paint, new blinds, new tile in the kitchen and bathrooms (thanks honey!), bought furniture, decorated, and cleaned...cleaned...cleaned. We had a great time!! Thanks to every one for their help it was greatly needed; and thanks to my hubby for all of his hard work. We spent the rest of the summer and fall spending time with each other, with friends, and a lot of family events. This pretty much brings us to TJ's entries.
Now for the most recent items of business... Ashely Quist (my sister) had her third girl on December 28th. She is so cute! Her name is Claire Lula Quist.



We went snowmobiling with the Staples at the beginning of Jan. We went to Bear River Lodge for two nights and had a blast! This was our last little family vacation before Tanner left on his mission.


And last, Tanner (my not so "little" brother) left on his mission to Paris, France. We are so excited for him but will miss him a lot! Love you Tanner! Well, thanks for reading our life history!

9 comments:

The Quist Family said...

Yeah! Emily I am so glad that you made it. Looks so great. I feel honored that my little Claire Lula made the blog with her Daddy's feet.

Leishman family said...

I like the new blog! It looks good. I almost did that layout when I changed ours.

Unknown said...

Basically I loved reading the recap even though I basically knew all of the above!! But I do feel it necessary for you to include the awkward foot rubbing on the first date, it is a must!! Haha ps good job running tonight I'm so proud!!

Marc said...

nice.

gs said...

Em-----I loved ready about you guys. The pictures are great too. You have about a dozen cousins w blogs too and my personal self.

matt and brynnzie said...

Looks great Emily (and TJ). Welcome to the blogging world. It will be fun to get updates.

Nate and Chelsea said...

That was a wonderful recap. I truly enjoyed it. It sounds like you guys have had a lot of fun in the last couple years. TJ, I haven't talked to you for so long. Congrats on graduating and your job. Good luck getting ready for grad school. I'm just getting ready to start up school again. I'm going to get my masters in political science. I'm a little nervous for school again, but I'm excited to be studying something that I'm really interested in. My phone broke a couple months ago, and I lost all my numbers. Please give me a call so we can catch up and so I can get your number. Mine is 808-372-8309. Both of you take care,
Nate

steph said...

Fun to hear the update! It will be fun to see more pictures and hear more stories from you guys.

Mike Oprisko said...

I'm considering working for pinnacle security systems this summer and did a google search and noticed this blog would you mind giving me your input on this company? thank you
btw my name is mike
m.oprisko@gmail.com