3.12.2008

I can't stand Paula



With some of our recent blog post, most of you know that Emily and I occasionally watch a little TV. Sometimes, Emily and I will watch American Idol. We aren’t huge fans that have to watch every episode every week, but we like to watch it once and awhile. And if there is a Mormon on the show, we tend to watch a little more. Go Mormon Pride! Well, we were watching American Idol a little last night, and I cannot stand Paula Abdul. Every time she opens her month I want to stick my head in the TV screen and say, “Shut up Paula!” It is now to the point where she has no creditability in my opinion. She will tell the performer that they did a good job even if it wasn’t. If she ever does say something negative or constructive, she follows it up by 20 compliments to make sure their feelings aren’t hurt. She will then tell them that they have a huge fan base, and they should never give up on singer and to keep following their dreams. Why? It is so annoying! Does anyone else feel that same as Emily and I???

8 comments:

Andrew said...

She is a witch!!!!! She dances after every person who is getting kicked off. I wish she could just be mean. Also I get ticked when she tries to tell Simon he is wrong. We all know that he is the only one who knows anything beside seacrest.

Andrew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Quist Family said...

Well, isn't that glass half full. j/k. She does get a little on my nerves but she is so crazy it's hillarious to see what compliment she'll come up with next. Mind you I've only watched 7 mintues of American Idol so far this season. I guess I'm not that great of a judge.

Justin said...

Couldn't agree with you guys more. I'm personally not an American Idol fan at all, but my family all watch it religiously, so when I come home they like to show me their favorite performances.

Once Paula starts talking I usually end up wondering if she knows where she's at. I'm pretty sure she's just distracted/entertained by the pretty lights and shiny objects on stage and in the vicinity.

Julia M. said...

Emily--this is Julia, your old friend from Pinnacle. :) I want David Archuleta to win because he's in my stake, and I think Paula just tries to make everyone feel better (even if their performance was awful). My blog is juliamcmillan.blogspot.com, I'd love to keep in touch!

C Ped said...

You guys are funny. I like your blog. PAULA STINKS!!

Marc said...

I knew that blonde chick was a MoMo! Is it true?

Anonymous said...

Yea,
Well I think Paula is great! I mean she may have her moments where she goes on and on. But, what if you were up their, and Simon and Randy were giving you a hard time. Wouldnt you want SOME support from Paula? At least she gives acvice so people don't break down. At least she is their to let the people know what Simon is trying to say, except is better terms. Don't you get it? Paula is just another person who makes mistakes. Who doesnt? So cut her some slack. Pretend it was you up their, and simon and randy said you suck, leave. And wouldnt that hurt your feelings? Then Paula cut's in and says "I agree with them- but dont take it too hard, you have a good life ahead..." ect.
At leats she is their to comfort people.