2.25.2008

Sunday Dinner at the Warner’s

Since Emily and I live pretty close to both our families, we switch off every Sunday for dinner. One week we will travel up to Fruit Heights to eat with the Staple’s, and then the other week we will go to my family’s house. Well, yesterday, it was my family’s turn, and a few funny things happened that I thought I might share. (However, some things are better left unsaid!) The first thing that was funny is when my Dad indirectly called Emily a dog. It was pretty funny! We were all talking about exercising, and Emily mentioned that she has started to run. She also said that it doesn’t matter how long she runs, she never sweats (which was one reason why I married her). That’s when my Dad decided to say, “You know, dogs don’t sweat either.” We all looked at him and started laughing because we all had the same thought, “Did you just compare Emily to a dog?”

The second thing that was a little on the scary/funny side; if any of you know my sister Kiffin, you know that she has a pretty mean punch, and she can pinch you until blood starts coming out. Occasionally, Kiffin will start punching me, and we will start to wrestle a bit. Well, that happened yesterday, but the outcome was a little bit different than usual. We started wrestling a little bit, and I wrestled Kiffin into the bean bag. All of the sudden, I felt rapid punches on my back. I look up to see what is hitting me, and I was face-to-face with an angry, screaming, four year old. It was Kiffin’s son, Daxtyn. Luckily, Bryan, Kiffin’s husband, saw the anger in Dax’s face and saved me from a brutal beating from a four-year-old. It was kind of cute to see Dax defend his mom, but it was also kind of terrifying to see a four year old’s face while beating up on a twenty-seven year old. Needless to say, I probably won’t wrestle my sister again!

4 comments:

Mark and Kandice said...

Ha ha great stories thanks for sharing. I don't know if Emily has ever told you, but her nickname was Turkey during Jr. High. So that isn't the first time she has been compared to as an animal. :)

Ashley said...

Well, look forward to next week when you travel to the sweet side. We'll try to be gentle with the giant. I know TJ is a little fragile. I do think that people like comparing the Staples girls to animals. When I was a jr. in high school, my World Civ. teacher compared me to a cow in front of the entire class! We won't go into details.

Leishman family said...

I'm glad Dax sticks up for Kiffin. When I read your blog it gave me a good laugh.

The DeWitt House said...

You forgot to mention that I did make you bleed and you left a nice bruise on my leg!!! HAHAHA :)